Attendees of the 14th Annual Olive Festival could take a photo with an olive
The 14th Annual Olive Festival in Paso Robles, California over the weekend was a success! If you weren’t able to join us, we were the Title Sponsor and provided visitors with a complimentary tasting of our products. Our booth consisted of our award-winning olive oil, olive wood products, seasonings and salts to pair with our olive oil, tea towels, vinegar’s, and bath and body products.
The Olive Festival offered more than one hundred olive-related products. Right by our booth there was live music, the weather was absolutely amazing, and it was great to meet so many people! This family-friendly event included samplings, a mobile olive oil press, olive oil ice cream, and a cooking contest.
Pasolivo Lime, Basil, and Rosemary flavored olive oil and Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pasolivo seasonings, salts, and vinegar’s
Pasolivo bath and body products
Tea towels displayed for sale
Olive Wood spoons and tile coasters displayed at the Pasolivo booth on June 3, 2017
Those who stopped by the booth received a complimentary tasting with a slice of fresh bread that is made locally
If you missed us this year, join us next year for the 15th Annual Olive Festival in Paso Robles. We look forward to seeing you there! You can also visit our website HERE to view our products or you can click HERE to read more about our Press Club. You can also visit us at:
8530 Vineyard Drive
Paso Robles, California 93446
1229 Park Street
Paso Robles, California 93446
Women celebrating and supporting each other
Women’s Health Week is “a national effort by an alliance of government organizations to raise awareness about manageable steps women can take to improve their health.” —Speakers for Nurses
It is never too late to work on your health. This year, the National Women’s Health Week starts on Mother’s Day and runs through the 20th of May. This week was created to focus on women’s health, the importance of positive and healthy behaviors, and how important regular check-ups are. There is also a strong focus on a healthy diet which is where Pasolivo steps in.
The majority of our recipes provide a reflection of one of the world’s healthiest diets – the Mediterranean diet. This diet consists highly of plant-based foods, replacing butter with olive oils, and incorporating herbs and spices. Our recipes are created using healthy alternatives and healthy fats. If you are looking for a recipe made with Pasolivo olive oils, you can view our recipes HERE.
Did you know that over the past decade, scientists have discovered increasing evidence that authentic extra virgin olive oil has a broad range of outstanding health benefits? This includes, but is not limited to: decreasing the risk of heart disease and stroke, providing a significant amount of antioxidants and moisturizing benefits, controlling cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, may help prevent depression, fights Osteoporosis, and keeps the heart young.
So what can you do to participate this week? Women’s Health recommends taking a healthy selfie, taking a health quiz, take a lunchtime walk, or host a healthy potluck.
They also discussed what steps you can take for better health:
-Visiting a doctor and getting a checkup
-Avoiding unhealthy behaviors
-Paying attention to mental health
Here at Pasolivo, our business is creating award-winning olive oils, but our passion is in hand-crafting the healthiest, most natural products possible. Stop by today for a complimentary tasting!
We are located at:
8530 Vineyard Drive
Paso Robles, California 93466
1229 Park Street
Paso Robles, CA 93466
Visit us at:
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Strawberry and Sriracha Blended Margarita
Although there is a lot of history based around Cinco de Mayo, it is also a time to enjoy new and delicious flavors, food combinations, and celebrations. The best way to celebrate is through food, and for us, that means Chicken Fajitas, Lime Black Bean Salsa, and Strawberry Margaritas! Whether you are spending Cinco de Mayo with one person or an entire group, we have all of the recipes you need to have a spectacular meal.
The sizzle of grilled fajitas is a recognizable sound and the taste is even better. These mouthwatering Chicken Fajitas offer a unique flavor using our Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil. The Chicken Fajitas are perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any other special occasion where you would like to incorporate some southwestern flare.
Chicken Fajitas with Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil
To continue in the celebration, the Lime Black Bean Salsa can be used as the perfect appetizer served with chips and guacamole or it can be a great addition to the fajitas. Just add it to the side or on top of your fajitas and it will be an amazing zesty combination.
The salsa and fajitas utilize the Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil which is blended with the oil from the rind of limes for a subtle blend that is perfect for many dishes! This multi-use oil can be purchased HERE.
Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil
The Strawberry and Sriracha Blended Margarita is a great way to top off a wonderful meal using complimentary flavors. Use our Pasolivo Sriracha Sea Salt and our Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil to rim your Margarita glasses. The short video below shows how easy these are to make!
Nestled in SLO county, in the heart of Paso Robles, California, lies the beautiful Pasolivo Ranch and the new downtown Pasolivo location. Blessed by a combination of temperate Coastal weather and rich, fertile soil, we have been producing award-winning olive oil and welcoming visitors to our orchards and tasting room for over a decade.
Seattle comes to Pasolivo
The central coast of California is adapting and adjusting to a busier population and, with that, comes positive changes. As of April 13, 2017, Alaska Airlines has announced direct flights from Seattle to San Luis Obispo. This process has taken more than a year to complete and we are happy to have this opportunity!
“One of the areas we all know we have the opportunity to enhance here is our technology sector, and Seattle is a big tech area,” –San Luis Obispo County Supervisor, Adam Hill
Click HERE to read the full details and article about how this decision came about.
Pasolivo comes to Seattle
With this huge announcement, we thought now would be the perfect time to visit Seattle and show Seattle what Pasolivo is all about. We had the opportunity to attend the 9th Annual Grand Tasting Event for the Seattle Wine and Food Experience, in which we provided California olive oil tastings to the public. The tasting included our award-winning olive oils, unique salt and seasoning blends, and vinegar combinations.
Marisa and Eleanor speaking with vendors at The Seattle Wine and Food Experience
Marisa and Eleanor preparing the olive oil tins for complementary tastings
As part of the Seattle Wine and Food Experience, the Grand Tasting Event included The Savor Experience from San Luis Obispo County which consisted of wineries, breweries, and artisan foods. The event included more than 500 wines from the Seattle area, 25 local chefs, 25 food makers, and a Celebrity Modern Luxury Lounge. The Seattle Wine and Food Experience was created to immerse senses with wine, lifestyle, food, and beverage. With more than 275 brands, exhibits, and sponsors, this event was a huge success!
A view of The Seattle Wine and Food Experience in February 2017
“The Seattle Wine and Food Experience curates an incredible list of makers and producers and supports the community,” adds Jamie Peha, executive producer and president of Peha Promotions, who has been running the event since 2010.
The Pasolivo olive oil tins and vinegars are ready for customers to try
Thank you, Seattle, for an amazing time, hospitality, education, and friendships. We look forward to seeing you once again, but, this time, in our home of rolling hills, beautiful beaches, and amazing coastlines.
Marisa and Eleanor at the Pasolivo booth in Seattle
This delicate and tasty dessert is inspired by the flavors of fall. Classic Macarons are filled with Pasolivo Tangerine Olive Oil, pumpkin butter, and the Pasolivo Sugar and Spice Blend. These Macarons with impress all your guests at you next gathering!
- 2/3 cup almond meal or ground almonds
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 280 degrees and position 2 racks in the lower section of the oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If your almond meal is very coarse, grind it with the powdered sugar in a food processor until fine. Sift the almond meal-powdered sugar mixture twice though a mesh sieve.
- Place egg whites in a bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer), and begin to beat on medium-high. When the eggs are frothy, gradually add granulated sugar 1 Tbsp. at a time until fully incorporated. Continue to beat the egg white mixture until glossy and stiff peaks form when you lift the beaters. Gently stir in the vanilla extract. Be careful to not overbeat the meringue.
- Add half of the sifted almond mixture, and gently fold into the meringue using a flexible silicone spatula. Lift from the bottom, up and around the sides, and towards the middle, being careful to not over agitate the meringue and lose too much air. Once the almond mixture is predominately incorporated, add the second half and repeat the folding motion.
- When the almond mixture is just incorporated, you will need to transform the batter in the appropriate texture. Using the spatula, “Punch” down on the center of the batter, then scrape more batter from sides to the center, and punch again. You will need to repeat this 10-15 times until the batter slowly and continuously drips back into the bowl when you scoop it up with the spatula. This of the consistency of molten lava. For the best results, punch the batter a few times, check the consistency, then punch a few more times, etc. Do not make the batter too runny or the macarons won’t rise as they should, and you could end up with oil stains on the surface.
- Pour batter into a pastry bag fitted with 0.4-inch tip. In a pinch, you can use a gallon-sized Ziploc bag: just snip a teeny bit from one of the bottom corners. Twist and clip the top of the bag to avoid overflow. On you prepared baking sheets, pipe out 1-inch rounds.
- Holding the baking sheet in both hands, rap each baking sheet firmly on the counter two or three times. This smooths out the tops and helps for the “pied” or frilly foot on the bottom of the macarons. Allow the piped macarons to dry, uncovered, for at least 15 minutes. The macarons should for very thin, smooth crust where, if you tap it lightly with you finger, the batter will not stick to your finger. If after 15 minutes, the batter is still sticky, let it dry longer.
- Place both baking sheets in the over and bake for 15-18 minutes. After the first 2 minutes, open the over to allow excess humidity to escape. Halfway through, swap oven racks and rotate the sheets for even baking. The macarons are done when they are baked all the way though and the shells are just hard.
Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 ½ Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- 1 ½ Tbsp. pumpkin butter
- 1 tsp. Pasolivo Sugar and Spice Blend
- 1 Tbsp. Pasolivo Tangerine Olive Oil
- Cut butter into pieces, and mash with a spatula until the consistency resembles mayonnaise.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add the granulated sugar, and whisk until the mixture lightens to an off-white and you can no longer see the granules of sugar. Add the milk, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a small saucepan, and heat over low heat, whisking frequently to ensure that the mixture does not curdle or scorch. Cook until the mixture becomes thick and custardy.
- Pour the egg mixture back into its bowl, and whisk constantly until it returns to room temperature. Whisk the butter in three batches, add the vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin butter, Pasolivo Sugar and Spice Blend to the custard and drizzle in the Pasolivo Tangerine Olive Oil and stir until smooth and all ingredients are fully incorporated. Pipe the buttercream onto one macaron half and sandwich between the other.
Recipe adapted from I Love Macarons by Hisako Ogita
We asked Chef Elizabeth Whitt to share what Pasolivo favorites she has been using in her kitchen this month. She’s stocked her pantry with California Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar, and Lemon Pepper Spice Blend. Below are her suggestions for how you can use this winning combination at home:
- Looking for a new marinade for the next BBQ? Place 2 pounds of chicken or steak in a re-sealable bag, add 1/4 cup California Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp. Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tbsp. Lemon Pepper Spice blend, and salt to taste. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes then grill until done.
- Try this combination as a sauce over baked fish or pork and roasted potatoes for a quick summer meal. Mix ½ Cup California Blend Olive Oil, 1/3 Cup Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar,1 ½ tbsp. Lemon Pepper Spice Blend and salt to taste.
- This versatile combination is great in summer side dishes, especially coleslaw and potato salad.
- Drizzle over goat cheese or mozzarella with slices tomatoes or cucumbers for an easy summer salad.