Women celebrating and supporting each other
Women’s Health Week is “a national effort by an alliance of government organizations to raise awareness about manageable steps women can take to improve their health.” —Speakers for Nurses
It is never too late to work on your health. This year, the National Women’s Health Week starts on Mother’s Day and runs through the 20th of May. This week was created to focus on women’s health, the importance of positive and healthy behaviors, and how important regular check-ups are. There is also a strong focus on a healthy diet which is where Pasolivo steps in.
The majority of our recipes provide a reflection of one of the world’s healthiest diets – the Mediterranean diet. This diet consists highly of plant-based foods, replacing butter with olive oils, and incorporating herbs and spices. Our recipes are created using healthy alternatives and healthy fats. If you are looking for a recipe made with Pasolivo olive oils, you can view our recipes HERE.
Did you know that over the past decade, scientists have discovered increasing evidence that authentic extra virgin olive oil has a broad range of outstanding health benefits? This includes, but is not limited to: decreasing the risk of heart disease and stroke, providing a significant amount of antioxidants and moisturizing benefits, controlling cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, may help prevent depression, fights Osteoporosis, and keeps the heart young.
So what can you do to participate this week? Women’s Health recommends taking a healthy selfie, taking a health quiz, take a lunchtime walk, or host a healthy potluck.
They also discussed what steps you can take for better health:
-Visiting a doctor and getting a checkup
-Avoiding unhealthy behaviors
-Paying attention to mental health
Here at Pasolivo, our business is creating award-winning olive oils, but our passion is in hand-crafting the healthiest, most natural products possible. Stop by today for a complimentary tasting!
We are located at:
8530 Vineyard Drive
Paso Robles, California 93466
1229 Park Street
Paso Robles, CA 93466
Visit us at:
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Strawberry and Sriracha Blended Margarita
Although there is a lot of history based around Cinco de Mayo, it is also a time to enjoy new and delicious flavors, food combinations, and celebrations. The best way to celebrate is through food, and for us, that means Chicken Fajitas, Lime Black Bean Salsa, and Strawberry Margaritas! Whether you are spending Cinco de Mayo with one person or an entire group, we have all of the recipes you need to have a spectacular meal.
The sizzle of grilled fajitas is a recognizable sound and the taste is even better. These mouthwatering Chicken Fajitas offer a unique flavor using our Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil. The Chicken Fajitas are perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any other special occasion where you would like to incorporate some southwestern flare.
Chicken Fajitas with Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil
To continue in the celebration, the Lime Black Bean Salsa can be used as the perfect appetizer served with chips and guacamole or it can be a great addition to the fajitas. Just add it to the side or on top of your fajitas and it will be an amazing zesty combination.
The salsa and fajitas utilize the Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil which is blended with the oil from the rind of limes for a subtle blend that is perfect for many dishes! This multi-use oil can be purchased HERE.
Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil
The Strawberry and Sriracha Blended Margarita is a great way to top off a wonderful meal using complimentary flavors. Use our Pasolivo Sriracha Sea Salt and our Pasolivo Lime Olive Oil to rim your Margarita glasses. The short video below shows how easy these are to make!
With Easter quickly approaching, we want to make your menu as simple and healthy as possible. Setting aside just a few hours, you can enjoy some of your favorite Pasolivo products in these delicious Easter recipes.
Yogurt and Citrus Olive Oil Chicken
Yogurt and Citrus Olive Oil Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
In a medium bowl, mix together the following: ½ cup nonfat Greek style yogurt, four cloves garlic (crushed), one tablespoon fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper, and two tablespoons Pasolivo Citrus Olive Oil. Add four chicken cutlets to the mix and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to two hours. Heat one tablespoon of Pasolivo Citrus Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Wipe the excess marinade off of the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through (about four minutes per side). Alternately, you can grill them as well.
Egg, Asparagus, and Cheese Frittata
The Egg, Asparagus, and Cheese Frittata is a healthy addition to an Easter meal. Taking less than an hour to make, this Frittata will be one that guests will be talking about for days to come.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sauté or roast asparagus in two tablespoons of Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) until tender. In a mixing bowl, combine 18 large eggs, one to two teaspoons of Pasolivo Truffle Sea Salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a fork until combined. Add one large bunch of Asparagus (tough ends snapped off and cut into one to two inch pieces) and eight ounces of feta or goat cheese crumbles to mixture and mix until combined. Brush two tablespoons of Pasolivo EVOO on a 9 x 13 oven safe dish. Pour egg mixture into dish making sure to get all of the cheese and goodies from the bottom. Top with two ounces of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes until filling sets. Remove from oven and let rest about 15 minutes. Drizzle with remaining two tablespoons of Pasolivo EVOO and sprinkle with a little more salt. Serve warm or room temperature.
Arugula and Lemon Salad with Parmesan and Pears
Arugula and Lemon Salad with Parmesan and Pears and a side of Olive Oil
The complete entrée of Arugula and Lemon Salad with Parmesan and Pears
The Arugula and Lemon Salad with Parmesan and Pears recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare with no cooking time.
Wash the Arugula. Mix one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, three tablespoons Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil and toss with three ounces of baby arugula (six cups) and two pears (sliced). Top with Parmesan shavings. Enjoy!
Fresh Fruit and Lemon Curd Tart with Shortbread Crust
Chill the Lemon Tart two to four hours before serving
Guests will enjoy this amazing Fresh Fruit and Lemon Curd Tart with Shortbread Crust dessert to top off their Easter meal.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together one to one and a half cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon Pasolivo Pacific Blue Kosher Salt, and one teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or thyme (optional) until combined. Pour in ½ cup Pasolivo Artisan Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and stir gently with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix. The dough should be soft but still clumpy when combined. Brush a nine or ten-inch tart pan (with removable bottom) with Pasolivo Artisan Blend EVOO and place a round of parchment paper in the pan. Place all of the dough in the center and gently press into sides, forming the crust, starting with the edges and then fill in the center. Use extra flour on your hands if dough is too sticky. Use a spoon to smooth out dough if necessary. Prick dough with a fork and chill crust for 15-30 minutes in the freezer. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature. When cooled, top shortbread with Lemon Curd (Recipe below). Drizzle, brush, or toss fresh seasonal fruits with two or more tablespoons of Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil, and then arrange fruit nicely on top of Lemon Curd layer. Chill two to four hours before serving.
For the Lemon Curd, in a medium saucepan, heat ¼ cup sugar, ¾ cup water, ¼ teaspoon salt, and one teaspoon lemon zest (approximately one lemon) to a boil. In a medium bowl, whisk three egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, and three tablespoons cornstarch until well blended. When water mixture comes to a boil, temper egg yolk mixture and then add all of the tempered egg mixture back into the water pan. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently until mixture simmers and thickens, do not burn or curdle. When it starts to thicken, stir more vigorously to avoid lumps. Should reach 175-180 degrees F. Remove from heat and transfer to clean bowl. Add ¼ cup fresh lemon juice and ¼ cup Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil, and whisk until combined. Place plastic wrap on top of Lemon Curd and place in refrigerator to cool before using. Re-whisk before spreading on shortbread crust.
Olive oil is a natural flavor enhancer, meaning it will make your tomatoes taste better, your salads taste fresher, and your steaks taste richer. Don’t believe me? Try this fun experiment: Chop up a tomato, cucumber or even an apple and divide between two plates. Leave one plain and the other, drizzle with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Taste the plain tomato, cucumber or apple first, then go ahead, try the one with one of our Extra Virgin Olive Oils. Now doesn’t that taste better? You’ll find it makes the apple taste sweeter and the tomato and cucumber taste richer.
Pasolivo award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil is for people who appreciate quality. You wouldn’t drink bad wine and you shouldn’t use poor quality olive oil. However, unlike wine, olive oil should not be aged, but enjoyed daily starting with breakfast all the way through dessert.
- Drizzle in the pan before you make your scrambled eggs, omelet or fried egg, it will make the eggs taste heavenly. Drizzle a little over the top of your eggs before serving.
- Mix with a little honey and drizzle on your morning toast for a healthy start to the day.
- For a mid-morning snack, use it on your homemade granola or oatmeal or make up a quick hummus by blending olive oil, garbanzo beans, lemon juice and garlic.
- For lunch it is obviously the star ingredient in your salad vinaigrette, try a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons of Pasolivo Balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Use this for your salads or cooked vegetables. For something with a little more punch, try 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, salt, pepper and 6 tablespoons Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use this with salads, cooked vegetables or as a marinade for chicken, beef, pork, fish or vegetables. Or better yet, double or triple the recipes and keep your own bottle to use throughout the week.
- Give your sandwich a flavor makeover by using Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzled on your bread instead of mayonnaise.
- Make happy hour happier and add 2 tablespoons of Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your Tomato Salsa, Guacamole, Mango Salsa, or Citrus Salsa.
- Elevate your cheese platter. Slice a handful of grapes in half and place in a bowl. Drizzle with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Gently toss and pour over Fresh mozzarella or goat cheese or a wedge of brie or your favorite Manchego and enjoy all of the flavor explosions.
- For dinner, sauté your vegetables in a large sauté pan with a drizzle of Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then move them to a plate and add a little more olive oil and cook a filet of fish or chicken breast. Remove and deglaze the pan with a little balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, return the fish or chicken to the pan, for a healthy one-pot meal.
- Finish your steaks or any meat, chicken or fish for that matter with a drizzle just as you would add a little salt to bring out the natural goodness in your food.
- Pair Sundried tomatoes, capers, Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil with seared scallops, fish or chicken.
- Sauté mushrooms and shallots until caramelized and tender and add Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive oil and some parmesan for some extra umami goodness.
- Make Mediterranean Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes with potatoes, minces garlic, Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and a little vegetable or chicken broth.
- Glaze carrots with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, honey and cardamom or mint.
- Sauté or roast broccoli with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add feta.
- Cauliflower with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sage and parmesan is a healthy low carb side dish.
- Boil Fingerling Potatoes and green beans and when tender, toss with garlic and Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, finish with some parmesan cheese for a great side dish or pot-luck dish.
- Roast sweet potatoes, peel and mash with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, nutmeg and curry powder for a rich and savory side dish.
- Finally, for dessert, olive oil has been used for centuries in Mediterranean cuisine to make cookies and cakes. Replace other fats in your baking recipes and reduce cholesterol and saturated fats in your diet.
- Make a chocolate sauce for ice cream and desserts or for dipping pretzels, potato chips or strawberries! Melt 6 ounces of chocolate with 2 tablespoons Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and a few pinches of salt.
- Add it to apple sauce instead of butter for a healthy and flavorful dessert or snack.
Go beyond the sipping, salads and dipping and make Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil a star ingredient in every meal. Extra Virgin Olive Oil should be an ingredient not an afterthought in your recipes. Its flavor should be as good and powerful as the other ingredients.
This irresistible chowder comes together quickly and is even better the next day! It’s so easy and delicious you can make this ahead of time for a Super Bowl party or just a cold night in! Plus, it’s low sodium, soy free, and vegan and vegetarian friendly!
Southwestern Chicken and Corn Chowder
Click here for our Southwest Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe!
This delicious Provencal Chicken Soup will warm and delight your family on a cold evening, and is absolutely perfect for your kids’ sick days.
Click here for the complete Provencal Chicken Soup recipe!